Source: Decreto del Gobierno de la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez, has signed an executive decree changing the name of the Columbus Day public holiday in Venezuela, from "Día de la Raza" (day of the race, or day of being Hispanic) to "Día de la Resistencia Indígena" (day of the indigenous/native resistance).
As per the aforementioned Presidential Decree Nº 2028 of October 10, 2002, October 12th is instituted as the Day of Indigenous Resistance, in a gesture of recognition of the struggle and culture of the indigenous peoples of the American continent.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2002)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2009-10-12: Argentina's October 12 Public Holiday Name In Question
• 2009-10-08: Peru Renames October 12 Holiday
• 2009-04-20: Venezuela To Consider Renaming National Day Public Holiday
• 2007-10-10: Argentina To Consider Renaming October 12 Public Holiday
• 2004-03-23: Guyana Public Holidays Act Review Update