Source: The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration will declare Wednesday, August 8, 2007, a public holiday in the municipal area of Jakarta, in order to encourage Jakartans to vote in city's first ever direct gubernatorial election.
This public holiday will be mandated for all offices, including private companies, operating in Jakarta.
This follows a tradition whereby, in Indonesia, the date of elections is usually declared a public holiday (30-Mar-2004 and 29-May-1999).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2007)
Indonesia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-04-07: Indonesian Public Holiday April 19
• 2017-02-08: Indonesian Public Holiday February 15
• 2012-09-15: Indonesian Public Holiday September 20
• 2012-06-21: Indonesian Public Holiday July 11
• 2011-11-16: Indonesian Jakarta Electoral Public Holiday In 2012
• 2009-03-01: Indonesia Stands Firm On April 9 Election Date
• 2004-03-30: Indonesia Declares April 5 and July 5 Public Holidays
• 1999-05-29: Indonesia Declares June 7 Public Holiday