Nepal's Prime Minister has declared a public holiday on Tuesday April 24, 2007, to commemorate the Lokantra Day public holiday, the first anniversary of restoration of democracy, when on April 24, 2006, King Gyanendra, bowing to the 19-day agitation transferred powers to the people and reinstated the Parliament.
Interestingly, there was a Democracy Day public holiday in Nepal as far back as 1972, but it was celebrated on February 19th (source: Morgan Guaranty Trust Corporation).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nepal bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2007)
Nepal 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nepal 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nepal 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-03-25: Nepalese 2017-2018 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2016-05-16: Nepalese National Day Public Holidays Moved
• 2016-04-02: Nepalese 2016-2017 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2014-04-21: Nepalese Public Holiday April 24
• 2012-04-21: Nepal Restores Loktantra Diwas Public Holiday
• 2012-03-29: Nepalese 2012-2013 Public Holidays Gazetted