Source: La Tercera (Santiago)
A year after being voted by the lower house, the bill that would make October 31st a new annual public holiday (día de las Iglesias Evangélicas) in Chile is finally reaching the Senate floor for a vote.
According to Senator Jaime Orpis, all conditions seem to be there for an approbation and signing into law of the bill, before this year's October 31st date.
However, one should remember that the Cultural Commission of the Chamber of Deputies approved a similar bill, a year ago (18-Oct-2007), and that, at that time, the same optimistic pronouncement was made about this new public holiday being effective immediately.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Chile bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2008)
Chile 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Chile 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Chile 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Chile 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Chile 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-08-05: Argentina Mulls October 31 Public Holiday
• 2008-10-11: Chile Approves New October 31 Public Holiday
• 2008-09-20: Chile's President Wants To Exchange October 12 And 31 Public Holidays
• 2007-10-18: Chile's Parliamentary Committee Approves October 31 Evangelical Church Public Holiday