Source: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Abkhazia (Sukhumi)
The Cabinet of Ministers of Abkhazia has declared Wednesday, August 26, 2009, as a one-off non-working public holiday to commemorate the first anniversary of the recognition by Russia of Abkhazian independence.
The other Georgian breakaway republics of Southern Osia is also expected to declare a one-off public holiday on Wednesday, August 26, 2009.
Note that August 26 will not be Independence Day as an Independence Day public holiday was already declared last year (30-Sep-2008) by the separatist leader of Georgia's Province of Abkhazia, Sergei Bagapsh, to mark the 15th anniversary of the region's victory over Georgian forces in a separatist war.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Abkhazia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2009)
Abkhazia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Abkhazia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Abkhazia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Abkhazia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Abkhazia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-06: Abkhazia 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-18: Abkhazia 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-11-01: Abkhazia 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-12-08: Abkhazia 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-10-22: Abkhazia 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-09-05: Abkhazia 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-08-26: Georgian Breakaway Republics Celebrate Public Holiday
• 2008-09-30: Georgian Breakaway Republic Celebrates Public Holiday