Source: Middle East North Africa Financial Network (Dubai)
The Health, Social and Labour Affairs Committee of Kuwait's Parliament is to send a set of 25 amendments to the current labour law in the Private Sector to the National Assembly, before March 3.
As reported last month when the amendments were approved in committee (03-Feb-2009), the amendments would align private sector public holidays on the public sector holidays schedule (and duration).
In addition, it was reported over the weekend that another provision to the draft law includes declaring International Workers Day, on May 1st, a national public holiday, a proposal that has often been made in the past (04-May-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2009)
Kuwait 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-07-16: Kuwait New Labour Law Takes Effect
• 2013-02-13: UAE Mulling Public Holidays Reform
• 2010-02-22: Kuwait New Labour Law Officially Gazetted
• 2009-11-12: Kuwait Labor Law Amendments Update
• 2009-08-21: Kuwait Public Holidays Increase Moves Ahead
• 2009-05-01: UAE Considering May Day Public Holiday From 2010
• 2009-03-14: Bahrain Law To Align Private And Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law
• 2007-05-04: Kuwait May Consider Adding May Day To List Of Public Holidays