Source: Boletín Oficial de la República Argentina (Buenos Aires)
Argentina's President, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, has signed into law the recently-adopted Ley Nº 26.721/11 which declares a one-off additional non-working public holiday in Argentina on Monday, February 27, 2012.
The aforementioned law Nº 26.721/11 was published in the Boletín Oficial de la República Argentina (decreto de promulgación 245/11) and stipulates that Monday, February 27, 2012, will be a one-off public holiday in Argentina for the bicentennial of the creation and first pledge of allegiance to the national flag ("Artículo 1.- Desígnase el día 27 de febrero de 2012, día del Bicentenario de la creación y primera jura de la bandera argentina, como feriado extraordinario en todo el territorio nacional").
Argentina's lower house of Congress had approved the bill, late last month (01-Dec-2011), and the Senate of Argentina had done so last summer (27-Jul-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Argentina bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2011)
Argentina 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Argentina 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Argentina 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Argentina 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Argentina 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-03: Argentina Mulls June 15 Public Holiday
• 2016-05-19: Argentina Mulls June 17 Public Holiday
• 2015-06-05: Argentina June 29 Public Holiday Confusion
• 2014-07-06: Argentina June 29 Public Holiday Voted By House
• 2014-05-20: Argentina Mulls June 29 Public Holiday
• 2012-12-20: Argentina January 31 Public Holiday Official
• 2012-12-14: Argentina January 31 Public Holiday Update
• 2012-11-22: Argentina Additional 2013 Public Holidays Update
• 2012-03-26: Argentina Bill To Cap Public Holidays
• 2012-03-16: Argentina Considers Weeklong Public Holidays
• 2011-12-01: Argentina's Congress Approves February 27 Public Holiday
• 2011-07-27: Argentina Senate Approves February 27 Public Holiday