Source: Sunday Herald Sun (Melbourne)
The leader of the opposition of Australia's State of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, has announced that he would support the push for an extra public holiday to celebrate AFL Grand Final week, if he became premier.
Speaking on behalf of the current Victoria State Government, Tourism and Major Events Minister, Louise Asher, said that the Victoria State Government had no intention of adding a new state public holiday as Victoria state already had a "reasonable amount of legislated public holidays".
After the recent successful passage of the Public Holidays Amendment Bill 2011 (21-Jun-2011), the Victorian State Government subsequently (22-Jun-2011) published its official list of public holidays up to and including the calendar year 2013.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Australia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2011)
Australia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Australia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Australia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-18: Australian Victoria Rules-Out AFL Public Holiday Change
• 2017-06-17: Australian Victoria 2018 AFL Public Holiday Date Announced
• 2016-09-23: Australian Victoria AFL Public Holiday Faces The Ax
• 2016-09-10: Australian Victoria 2017 AFL Public Holiday Date Announced
• 2016-02-28: Australian Victoria 2017 AFL Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2015-11-07: Australian Victoria 2016 Public Holidays Completed
• 2015-08-17: Australian Victoria Confirms New Public Holidays
• 2015-07-08: Australian Victoria New Public Holidays Update
• 2014-12-01: Australian Victoria Announces New Public Holidays
• 2011-06-22: Australian 2013 Public Holidays In Victoria
• 2011-06-21: Angola Proposes March 23 SADC Public Holiday