Source: Antara News Agency (Jakarta)
Jakarta's General Elections Commission (KPU) has asked Jakarta Governor, Fauzi Bowo, to declare a one-off public holiday in Jakarta, Indonesia's political and economic capital, on Wednesday, July 11, 2012, on the date of the upcoming Jakarta Regional Head election (Pemilukada).
Four years ago (16-Jun-2007), the Jakarta administration had similarly declared Wednesday, August 8, 2007, as a non-working public holiday in the municipal area of Jakarta, to encourage Jakartans to vote in city's first ever direct gubernatorial election. In 2007, this public holiday was mandated for all offices, including private companies, operating in Jakarta.
In Indonesia, the date of elections is often declared a public holiday (10-May-2010, 03-Jul-2009, 31-Mar-2009, 06-Jul-2008, 30-Mar-2004 and 29-May-1999).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2011)
Indonesia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-04-07: Indonesian Public Holiday April 19
• 2017-02-08: Indonesian Public Holiday February 15
• 2012-09-15: Indonesian Public Holiday September 20
• 2012-06-21: Indonesian Public Holiday July 11
• 2010-05-10: Indonesia Declares May 11 Regional Public Holiday
• 2009-07-03: Indonesia Confirms July 8 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-03-31: Indonesia Declares April 9 Public Holiday
• 2008-07-06: Indonesia Declares July 9 Public Holiday In Bali
• 2007-06-16: Indonesia's Capital Will Declare August 8 Public Holiday
• 2004-03-30: Indonesia Declares April 5 and July 5 Public Holidays
• 1999-05-29: Indonesia Declares June 7 Public Holiday