Source: Asociación de Bancos Privados de Bolivia (ASOBAN)
The associations of private banks in Bolivia (ASOBAN) has announced that it would follow the Bolivian government's recent declaration of a public holiday on Monday, January 23, 2012, by also declaring Monday, January 23, 2012, as a bank holiday throughout Bolivia.
The aforementioned announcement is contained in the ASOBAN circular Nº 017/2012 in response to the Comunicado Nº 001/12 del 16 de enero of the Bolivian Ministry of Labour which had been informally announced ten days before (05-Jan-2012).
Recall that 2 years ago (20-Jan-2010), January 22, was declared a one-off public holiday, the "Día de la Fundación del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia", to coincide with Juan Evo Morales Ayma's second inauguration as President of Bolivia, and that the January 22 public holiday was confirmed as an annual non-working public holiday for both the private and public sectors, nationwide ("se declaró feriado nacional con la suspensión de actividades públicas y privadas de todo el territorio nacional" the following year (13-Jan-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2012)
Bolivia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-06: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2016-01-14: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-24
• 2015-01-15: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2012-01-05: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2011-01-13: Bolivia Confirms January And June Public Holidays
• 2010-01-20: Bolivia Declares January 22 Public Holiday