Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Departmental Secretary of Labour, has announced that Monday, January 23, 2012, had been declared as a one-off non-working public holiday throughout Bolivia, due to the January 22 annual public holiday falling on a Sunday in the calendar year 2012.
Two years ago (20-Jan-2010), January 22, was declared a one-off public holiday, the "Día de la Fundación del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia", to coincide with Juan Evo Morales Ayma's second inauguration as President of Bolivia.
Then, last year (13-Jan-2011), the January 22 public holiday was confirmed as an annual non-working public holiday for both the private and public sectors, nationwide ("se declaró feriado nacional con la suspensión de actividades públicas y privadas de todo el territorio nacional").
As was done recently (21-Dec-2011) the aforementioned announcement makes a blanket statement about the declaration of day in lieu public holidays ("La Ley General del Trabajo es bien clara y dice que todos los feriados que caigan en día domingo automáticamente se recorre al primer día hábil de la semana, que en este caso es el lunes"), despite the fact that the actual text of the law is much more nuanced.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2012)
Bolivia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-06: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-23
• 2016-01-14: Bolivian Public Holidays January 22-24
• 2015-01-15: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2013-01-21: Bolivian Public Holiday January 22
• 2012-01-18: Bolivian Bank Holiday January 23
• 2011-12-21: Bolivian Year-End Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2011-01-13: Bolivia Confirms January And June Public Holidays
• 2010-01-20: Bolivia Declares January 22 Public Holiday