Source: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (Nairobi)
The Assumption of Office of The President Bill was tabled as a constitutional bill in Kenya's Parliament and confirms earlier announcements that the date of future presidential inaugurations would be non-working public holidays in Kenya.
The aforementioned constitutional bill follows last spring's government announcement (08-Jun-2012) that an official non-working public holiday would be declared on the day the next President inauguration.
The next presidential elections in Kenya are expected in March 2013. In previous presidential election, a series of violence-related public holidays had been declared in Kenya (03-Jan-2008, 30-Dec-2007, and 20-Dec-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kenya bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2012)
Kenya 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kenya 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kenya 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-08-01: Kenyan Public Holiday August 8
• 2013-03-30: Kenyan Inaugural Public Holiday April 9
• 2013-02-26: Kenyan Electoral Public Holiday March 4
• 2013-02-03: Kenyan Inauguration Public Holidays Dates Announced
• 2013-01-09: Kenyan Calls For Primaries Public Holiday
• 2012-12-12: Kenyan Registration Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-06-08: Kenyan 2013 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2008-01-03: Kenya Bank Holiday Today
• 2007-12-30: Kenya December 31 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2007-12-20: Kenya Declares December 28 National Public Holiday