Source: Montsame Agency (Ulaanbaatar)
The Cabinet of the Government of Mongolia has approved the declaration of a one-off non-working public holiday in Mongolia, on Thursday, June 28, 2012, on account of the upcoming parliamentary elections.
The declaration of one-off public holidays by the Mongolian Cabinet is rare (20-Dec-2011).
Work on a revised law on public holidays in Mongolia, to cater to such special cases as the one announced today, has been crawling along in parliament for a few years, now (01-Jan-2010, 07-Apr-2009 and 20-Jan-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mongolia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2012)
Mongolia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mongolia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mongolia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-06-27: Mongolian Public Holiday July 7
• 2016-10-05: Mongolian Public Holiday October 19
• 2013-06-11: Mongolian Public Holiday June 26
• 2012-11-16: Mongolian Public Holiday November 21
• 2012-10-26: Mongolian Municipal Holiday October 29
• 2011-12-20: Mongolia Public Holiday December 29
• 2010-01-01: Mongolia Public Holidays Reform Update
• 2009-04-07: Mongolia Moves Public Holidays Reform Onto Legislative Agenda
• 2009-01-20: Mongolia Official Public Holidays List Review This Spring