Source: Oman News Agency (Muscat)
Omani authorities, as per the Royal Orders of Sultan Qaboos bin Said, have announced the dates of the upcoming Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan) holidays for both the private sector and the public sector of Oman.
Following a decision issued by Sayyid Khalid bin Hilal bin Saud al Busaidi, Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court and Chairman of the Civil Service Council, it was announced that the upcoming Eid al-Fitr public sector holidays for employees at the ministries, public authorities and other departments of the state administrative apparatus, would be from Thursday, August 16, until Friday, August 24, 2012, inclusively, taking into account the Omani public sector weekends.
Such week long extensions of the Eid public sector holidays are common in Oman (24-Aug-2011, 06-Sep-2010 and 17-Sep-2009).
In a separate statement, Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser al Bakri, Oman's Manpower Minister, announced that work at companies of the Omani private sector would stop from Saturday, August 18, until Tuesday August 21, 2012, inclusively.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Oman bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2012)
Oman 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Oman 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Oman 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-06-09: Oman 2018 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2017-06-18: Oman 2017 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2016-06-27: Oman 2016 Eid al-Fitr Public Holidays
• 2012-08-15: Oman 2012 Eid al-Fitr Bank Holidays
• 2011-08-24: Oman Eid Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-09-06: Oman Declares 9-Day Eid Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-09-17: Oman Extends End of Ramadan Public Holidays