Source: STA - Slovenska tiskovna agencija (Ljubljana)
The austerity package which includes a reduction in the list of annual Slovenian non-working public holidays has been gazetted.
A couple of months ago (26-Mar-2012), Slovenian Prime Minister, Janez Jansa, had announced that the government of Slovenia was considering cutting 2 of the 14 annual Slovenian non-working public holidays as part of its current set of austerity measures, without specifying which annual public holidays were to be canceled.
Then, earlier this month (02-May-2012), the austerity package was introduced as legislation specifying that the annual public holidays for both the New Year and May Day, would each be reduced from two days to only one day off.
But, this sparked opposition from the trade unions and, in the end, Article 82 of the aforementioned bill, passed by the National Assembly, earlier this month (12-May-2012), only cancels the January 2 annual public holiday in Slovenia.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Slovenia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2012)
Slovenia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Slovenia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Slovenia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovenia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovenia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-11: Slovenian 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-02-20: Slovenian Constitutional Court Public Holidays Ruling
• 2016-12-29: Slovenian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-20: Slovenian January 2 Public Holiday Veto Fails
• 2016-12-14: Slovenian January 2 Public Holiday Restored
• 2016-01-10: Slovenian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-03-10: Slovenia Adds October 25 National Holiday
• 2015-01-05: Slovenian 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-30: Slovenian 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-09: Slovenian 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-05-12: Slovenian Public Holidays Amendments Voted
• 2012-05-02: Slovenian Public Holidays Cut Update
• 2012-03-26: Slovenian Public Holidays Cut