Source: Press Release Government Of Timor-Leste (Dili)
The government of Timor Leste has announced that it had once again decided to declare day-off public sector holidays for Maundy Thursday and Easter Monday, on April 5 and 9, 2012, respectively.
As per the aforementioned announcement, these 2 one-off public sector holidays are granted to "all staff and agents of the Ministries or dependent services, as well as the institutes and organisms integrated in the State's indirect administration".
The public holiday on Thursday, April 5, 2012, is given as "Holy Thursday, ..., is the last day of Lent and the beginning of the Pascal Triduo in the catholic religion's calendar, and is one of the solemnities of great importance to the Christian Community in Timor-Leste".
However, contrary to last year's Easter public sector holidays (11-Apr-2011), this year's Easter Monday public sector holiday has been grated for the full day "to allow the return to the place of residence, after the celebration of Easter Sunday with their family, in the Districts".
According to the Secretariat of State of the Council of Ministers of Timor Leste, this decision is based on law No.10/2005, which overhauled Timor Leste's public holidays (12-Aug-2005) and last year's (28-Dec-2011) list of official public holidays in Timor Leste for the upcoming calendar year 2012.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• East Timor bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2012)
East Timor 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
East Timor 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
East Timor 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
East Timor 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
East Timor 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-21: Timor Leste 2016-2017 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2016-03-21: Timor Leste Public Holiday March 24
• 2016-02-09: Timor Leste Public Holiday February 10
• 2016-01-29: Timor Leste 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-21: Timor Leste 2015-2016 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2015-05-11: Timor Leste Public Holiday May 13
• 2015-03-31: Timor Leste Public Holiday April 2
• 2015-02-27: Timor Leste 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-02-16: Timor Leste Public Holiday February 18
• 2014-12-22: Timor Leste 2014-2015 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2014-04-15: Timor Leste Public Holidays April 17 and 21
• 2014-03-01: Timor Leste Public Holiday March 5
• 2014-02-05: Timor Leste 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-13: Timor Leste 2013 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2013-11-25: Timor Leste Public Holiday November 29
• 2013-03-25: Timor Leste Public Holidays March 28 and April 1st
• 2013-01-28: Timor Leste 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-12-20: Timor Leste 2012 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2012-11-26: Timor Leste Public Holidays November 27-29
• 2012-10-29: Timor Leste Public Holiday October 31
• 2012-05-15: Timor Leste Public Holidays May 17, 18 and 21
• 2011-12-28: Timor Leste 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-04-11: Timor Leste Easter 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2005-08-12: East Timor Overhaul Official List Of Public Holidays