Source: Agencia Bolivariana de Noticias (Caracas)
The government of Venezuela has introduced a bill (proyecto de la Ley del Proceso Social del Trabajo) which would replace the current legislation related to non-working public holidays in Venezuela.
As per the aforementioned bill, set to take effect as of May 1st, 2013, the list of official annual non-working public holidays in Venezuela would increase by 5 day: Carnival Monday, Carnival Tuesday, Holy Wednesday, December 24, and December 31.
These changes would bring the general public holidays in Venezuela closer to the list of Venezuelan bank holidays, which are set independently (06-Aug-2011, 05-Dec-2010, 10-Dec-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2012)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-02-26: Venezuela Extra Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2014-02-24: Venezuela Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2014-02-22: Venezuela Public Holiday February 27
• 2013-11-05: Venezuela Adds December 8 Public Holiday
• 2013-05-01: Venezuelan Public Holidays Law Takes Effect
• 2012-04-29: Venezuelan April 30 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2012-03-13: Venezuelan Public Holidays Changes Confirmed
• 2012-02-18: Venezuelan Regional Public Holidays February 20-21
• 2011-08-06: Venezuela 2012 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-05: Venezuela 2011 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-12-10: Venezuela 2010 Bank And Public Holidays Announced