Source: Gobernación del Estado Anzoátegui (República Bolivariana de Venezuela)
The Governor of Venezuela's State of Anzoátegui, Tarek William Saab, has issued a decree announcing that Monday and Tuesday, February 20 and 21, 2012, would be a one-off state public holidays to mark the upcoming Carnival.
This is not the first time that Governor Saab declares state non-working public holidays in the Venezuela's State of Anzoátegui (07-May-2011, 31-Jan-2011 and 18-Feb-2007).
The issue of Carnival Monday and Carnival Tuesday as nationwide public holidays in Venezuela will probably soon be a moot point. As per a recent bill overhauling Venezuelan public holidays (06-Feb-2012), and which is set to take effect as of May 1st, 2012, the list of official annual non-working public holidays in Venezuela would increase by 5 day, including Carnival Monday and Carnival Tuesday, brining the general public holidays in Venezuela closer to the list of Venezuelan bank holidays, always set independently (06-Aug-2011).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2012)
Venezuela 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-02-06: Venezuelan Public Holidays Legislation Amended
• 2011-08-06: Venezuela 2012 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-05-07: Venezuela Declares June 7 Public Holiday
• 2011-01-31: Venezuela Declares State Public Holiday Today
• 2007-02-18: Venezuela State Public Sector Holiday On February 19-20