Source: Câmara Municipal do Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro)
The municipal council of the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro (Cámara de Concejales de Río de Janeiro), has approved by a vote of 33 to 5 the earlier-announced plans to declare 4, one-off, non-working public holidays in July 2013, to alleviate traffic congestion during the upcoming visit of Pope Francis and the Jornada Mundial de la Juventud (JMJ).
The municipal council of Rio de Janeiro had first announced plans to declare 4, one-off, non-working public holidays in July 2013, last month (19-May-2013).
As per the aforementioned announcement by majority leader, Luiz Antônio Guaraná, July 25 and 26 will be full-day be official non-working public holidays in Río de Janeiro, while July 23 and 29, 2013, will be declared partial municipal public holidays, as was the case last year (18-May-2012) when Wednesday to Friday, June 20-22, 2012, were declared as municipal non-working public holidays on account of the Rio+20 Summit.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Brazil bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2013)
Brazil 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Brazil 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Brazil 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Brazil 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Brazil 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-04-12: Kuwaiti Public Holiday April 27
• 2016-04-29: Kuwaiti Public Holiday May 5
• 2015-05-08: Kuwaiti May 17 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-05-14: Kuwaiti Public Holiday May 29
• 2013-05-19: Brazilian July 2013 Rio Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-05-18: Brazilian Rio Summit Public Holidays Announced