Source: Ghana News Agency (Accra)
Ghana's Minister of the Interior, Kwesi Ahwoi, has announced that, earlier today, President John Dramani Mahama had declared Monday, September 23, 2013, as an additional statutory non-working public holiday in Ghana on account of the upcoming Birthday of Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah annual public holiday.
The aforementioned announcement that Monday, September 23, 2013, had been declared a statutory non-working public holiday in Ghana, is in addition to the list of official 2013 non-working public holidays in Ghana, announced earlier this year (14-Jan-2013).
The declaration of an additional public holiday in Ghana, next Monday, was justified in the aforementioned announcement as due to the fact that the annual public holiday's data falls on a weekend this year.
This is the first time that the recently-declared, September 21, public holiday for the Birthday of Kwame Nkrumah (03-Sep-2009) falls on a weekend and it was unclear if a day in lieu public holiday would be declared as is sometimes done for other annual public holidays in Ghana (24-May-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2013)
Ghana 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-18: Ghana To Change September 21 Public Holiday
• 2016-12-30: Ghana 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-01: Ghana 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-03: Ghana 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-09-19: Ghana Public Holiday September 22
• 2014-01-02: Ghana 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-05-24: Ghana Public Holiday May 27
• 2013-01-14: Ghana 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-09-03: Ghana's President Confirms September 21 Public Holiday