Source: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (Nairobi)
Kenya's Head of Civil Service and Secretary to the Cabinet, Francis Kimemia, has announced the dates for the Kenyan non-working public holidays associated with the upcoming Kenyan Presidential Inauguration.
According to the aforementioned statement, Kenya's fourth President will be sworn-in on March 26, if there is no run-off and the results are not challenged in court. If the election is won in one round and any petition challenging the results is dismissed, then the inauguration will be on April 16. If there is a run-off, but no legal challenges, then the inauguration will be on April 30. Finally, if there are both a run-off and legal challenges, then the inauguration will be on June 18.
Last year (02-Aug-2012), the Assumption of Office of The President Bill was tabled as a constitutional bill in Kenya's Parliament, confirming earlier announcements (08-Jun-2012) that an official non-working public holiday would be declared on the day the next President inauguration.
In the previous presidential election, a series of violence-related public holidays had been declared in Kenya (03-Jan-2008, 30-Dec-2007, and 20-Dec-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kenya bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2013)
Kenya 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kenya 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kenya 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kenya 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-24: Kenya Extends Electoral Public Holidays
• 2017-10-19: Kenyan Public Holiday October 26
• 2017-09-04: Kenyan Public Holiday Expected October 17
• 2017-08-01: Kenyan Public Holiday August 8
• 2013-03-30: Kenyan Inaugural Public Holiday April 9
• 2012-08-02: Kenyan Inaugural Public Holiday Bill Tabled
• 2012-06-08: Kenyan 2013 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2008-01-03: Kenya Bank Holiday Today
• 2007-12-30: Kenya December 31 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2007-12-20: Kenya Declares December 28 National Public Holiday