Source: Montsame Agency (Ulaanbaatar)
The Mongolian General Election Committee has announced that Wednesday, June 26, 2013, the date of the upcoming Mongolian Presidential Election, would be another one-off electoral non-working public holiday in Mongolia.
The declaration of one-off public holidays by the Mongolian Cabinet is rare (20-Dec-2011), although the date of last summer's parliamentary elections were declared a one-off non-working public holiday in Mongolia (23-Dec-2012 and 26-Jun-2012) as were last fall's Local Administrative Elections (16-Nov-2012).
Work on a revised law on public holidays in Mongolia, to cater to such special cases as the one announced today, has been crawling along in parliament for a few years, now (01-Jan-2010, 07-Apr-2009 and 20-Jan-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mongolia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2013)
Mongolia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mongolia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mongolia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mongolia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-06-27: Mongolian Public Holiday July 7
• 2016-10-05: Mongolian Public Holiday October 19
• 2012-12-23: Mongolian Public Holiday December 31
• 2012-11-16: Mongolian Public Holiday November 21
• 2012-06-26: Mongolia Public Holiday June 28
• 2011-12-20: Mongolia Public Holiday December 29
• 2010-01-01: Mongolia Public Holidays Reform Update
• 2009-04-07: Mongolia Moves Public Holidays Reform Onto Legislative Agenda
• 2009-01-20: Mongolia Official Public Holidays List Review This Spring