Source: Ministerio del Trabajo de Nicaragua (MITRAB)
Nicaragua's Ministry of Labour (MITRAB), through its minister, Alba Luz Briones, has announced that Thursday, May 30, 2013, would once again be a non-working public sector holiday in Nicaragua to mark Nicaragua's Mothers' Day.
As per the aforementioned announcement, and as is usually done (28-May-2012, 25-Apr-2012 and 28-May-2011), the Thursday, May 30, 2013, non-working public sector holiday is declared to favour family activities ("De esta manera el gobierno favorecerá ese día la reunión de las familias para que celebren a sus madres o vayan a dejar sus ofrendas florales en los sitios donde descansen en paz") and will apply to the public sector of the economy of Nicaragua (ie. employees of the state).
The Nicaraguan private sector is left to decide the observance or not of this public holiday on a case-by-case basis ("En el caso de los trabajadores privados prevalecerá lo que acuerden con sus empleadores").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nicaragua bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2013)
Nicaragua 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nicaragua 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nicaragua 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-05-19: Nicaraguan Public Holiday May 30
• 2016-05-24: Nicaraguan Public Holiday May 30
• 2014-05-27: Nicaraguan Public Holiday May 30
• 2013-12-06: Nicaragua Public Holidays December 8-9
• 2013-09-14: Nicaragua Adds Public Holiday September 16
• 2012-05-28: Nicaraguan Public Holiday May 30
• 2012-04-25: Nicaraguan 4-Day Public Holidays
• 2011-05-28: Nicaragua Mothers' Day Public Holiday Update