Source: Slovenska tiskovna agencija (Ljubljana)
The Government of Slovenia has announced its annual official list of bank holidays and non-working public holidays in Slovenia for the upcoming calendar year 2014.
Once again (09-Jan-2013), the aforementioned official list of 2014 bank holidays and public holidays in Slovenia reflects the 2012 austerity package which included a reduction in the list of annual Slovenian non-working public holidays (01-Jun-2012).
The reduction in the list of annual Slovenian non-working public holidays had first been announced (26-Mar-2012) by Slovenian Prime Minister, Janez Jansa in early 2012, and originally envisaged cutting 2 of the 14 annual Slovenian non-working public holidays, without specifying which annual public holidays were to be canceled. However, when the austerity package was introduced as legislation specifying that the annual public holidays for both the New Year and May Day, would each be reduced from two days to only one day off (02-May-2012), it sparked opposition from the trade unions and, in the end, Article 82 of the aforementioned bill, passed by the National Assembly (12-May-2012), only canceled the January 2 annual public holiday in Slovenia.
Finally, as per custom (04-Jan-2012, 05-Jan-2011 and 06-Jan-2010), the aforementioned announcement stipulates that public holidays in Slovenia do not follow the "sliding holiday" concept; that is to say, when a fixed-date public holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday is a normal business day.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Slovenia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2013)
Slovenia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Slovenia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Slovenia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovenia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovenia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-11: Slovenian 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-02-20: Slovenian Constitutional Court Public Holidays Ruling
• 2016-12-29: Slovenian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-10: Slovenian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-05: Slovenian 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-09: Slovenian 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-06-01: Slovenian Public Holidays Amendments Gazetted
• 2012-05-12: Slovenian Public Holidays Amendments Voted
• 2012-05-02: Slovenian Public Holidays Cut Update
• 2012-03-26: Slovenian Public Holidays Cut
• 2012-01-04: Slovenian 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-01-05: Slovenian 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-01-06: Slovenian 2010 Public Holidays Announced