Source: Agencia Bolivariana de Noticias (Caracas)
The President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, has signed a decree declaring a new annual non-working public holiday (Day of Loyalty and Love for the Supreme Commander Hugo Chavez and the Fatherland) to be observed on December 8 to commemorate former President Hugo Chávez.
As per the "Decreto N° 541, mediante el cual se declara el día 8 de diciembre «Día de la Lealtad y el Amor al Comandante Supremo Hugo Chávez y a la Patria»", December 8 will be added to the official list of annual non-working public holidays as set out by the LOTTT "Ley Orgánica del Trabajo, los Trabajadores y las Trabajadoras" (13-Mar-2012 and 06-Feb-2012) which came into effect earlier this year (01-May-2013).
Today's change will once again bring the general public holidays in Venezuela closer to the list of Venezuelan bank holidays, which are set independently (01-Aug-2013, 17-Jul-2012, 06-Aug-2011, 05-Dec-2010, 10-Dec-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2013)
Venezuela 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-12-06: Venezuelan Bank Holiday December 12
• 2015-12-03: Venezuelan Bank Holiday December 7
• 2013-08-01: Venezuelan 2014 Bank And Public Holidays
• 2013-05-01: Venezuelan Public Holidays Law Takes Effect
• 2012-07-17: Venezuelan 2013 Bank And Public Holidays
• 2012-03-13: Venezuelan Public Holidays Changes Confirmed
• 2012-02-06: Venezuelan Public Holidays Legislation Amended
• 2011-08-06: Venezuela 2012 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-05: Venezuela 2011 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-12-10: Venezuela 2010 Bank And Public Holidays Announced