Source: The Herald (Harare)
Zimbabwe's Home Affairs Co-Ministers, Kembo Mohadi and Theresa Makone, have issued the annual announcement of the dates for the 2014 non-working public holidays in Zimbabwe in terms of the Zimbabwe Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act (Chapter 10:21).
The aforementioned announcement (Public holidays 2014 GN 348/2013), as usual (01-Aug-2012), does not include any special public holidays that the President has the power to declare under Section 2 (2) of the "Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act".
For the 5th year in a row (01-Aug-2012, 30-Aug-2011, 01-Oct-2010 and 29-Jun-2009) Easter Sunday is listed as an official public holiday (in addition to Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday).
No mention is made of any day in lieu that may be declared due to the fact that, in 2014, the Independence Day public holiday will be on the same date as the Good Friday public holiday, Friday, April 18, 2014.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Zimbabwe bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2013)
Zimbabwe 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Zimbabwe 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Zimbabwe 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-10-25: Zimbabwe 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-08-31: Zimbabwe 2016 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2014-07-28: Zimbabwe 2015 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-08-01: Zimbabwe 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-08-30: Zimbabwe 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-10-01: Zimbabwe 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-06-29: Zimbabwe 2010 Public Holidays Announced