Source: Ministerio del Trabajo de Nicaragua (MITRAB)
Nicaragua's Coordinadora del Consejo de Comunicación y Ciudadanía, Rosario Murillo, as per instructions of President Daniel Ortega Saavedra announced that MITRAB had issued a communique declaring that Wednesday, November 2, 2016, would be a full-day paid public sector holiday in Nicaragua ("el próximo 2 de noviembre será día de asueto con goce de salario para los trabajadores del Estado").
As happened in some previous years (22-Oct-2015, 31-Oct-2012, 27-Oct-2010 and 31-Oct-2009), this year's full-day November 2nd (Día de los Difuntos) holiday is limited to the public sector ("todas las personas trabajadoras y empleadores del sector público, entes descentralizados y empresas adscritas al mismo").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Nicaragua bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2016)
Nicaragua 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nicaragua 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nicaragua 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Nicaragua 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-01-09: Nicaraguan Public Holiday January 10
• 2015-10-22: Nicaraguan 2015 All Souls Public Holiday
• 2012-10-31: Nicaraguan Public Holiday November 2nd
• 2010-10-27: Nicaragua Declares November 2nd Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-10-31: Nicaragua Declares November 2nd Public Holiday