Source: Pakistan's Ministry of Interior (Islamabad)
Pakistan's Ministry of Interior has issued a circular "regarding Public and Optional Holidays for the calendar year-2017" which contains its annual list of the expected dates for non-working public holidays and optional holidays for the calendar year 2017 in Pakistan.
The aforementioned announcement of the annual list of the dates for the non-working public holidays and optional holidays for the calendar year 2017 in Pakistan continues, for the 8th year (01-Feb-2016, 12-Jan-2015, 09-Jan-2014, 04-Feb-2013, 15-Jan-2012, 03-Jan-2011 and 24-Dec-2009), the reduction of the Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) Muslim public holiday from 4 days (20-Nov-2009 and 31-Dec-2008) to the 2-working day public holidays that was the norm before 2008 (16-Dec-2006).
The cancellation of the November 9th, Iqbal Day, non-working public holiday in Pakistan (15-Nov-2015 and 03-Nov-2015) seems abandoned.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Pakistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2016)
Pakistan 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Pakistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Pakistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-02-01: Pakistan 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-11-15: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Legal Wrangles
• 2015-11-03: Pakistan 2015 Iqbal Day Public Holiday Canceled
• 2015-01-12: Pakistan 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-09: Pakistan 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-02-04: Pakistan 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-01-15: Pakistan 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-01-03: Pakistan 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-12-24: Pakistan 2010 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-11-20: Pakistan Declares Additional Eid al-Adha Public Holiday
• 2008-12-31: Pakistan 2009 Public Holidays Announced
• 2006-12-16: Pakistan 2007 Public Holidays Announced