Source: Portal Paraguayo de Noticias (PPN)
Paraguay's president, Horacio Cartes, had signed executive decree No.6437 making the afternoon of Wednesday, December 7, 2016, once again a one-off public sector holiday in Paraguay, beginning at 12:00, noon, local time.
This decree, which applies to "la administración pública y las entidades descentralizadas", and is in addition to the list of annual non-working public holidays in Paraguay for 2016 as announced late last year (10-Dec-2015), follows similar half-day public sector holidays declared on various occasions, in the past (09-Sep-2009 and 06-Apr-2009), and precedes the December 8 annual nationwide public holiday in Paraguay for the Virgen de Caacupé (18-Dec-2014).
Last year (04-Dec-2015) as well as six years ago (07-Dec-2009), under similar circumstances, Paraguay's respective presidents, had signed executive decrees making the afternoon of Monday, December 7, 2009, and of Monday, December 7, 2015, one-off public sector holidays, beginning at 12:00, noon, local time.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Paraguay bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2016)
Paraguay 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Paraguay 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Paraguay 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Paraguay 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-12-10: Paraguay 2016 Public Holidays Released
• 2015-12-04: Paraguay Public Sector Holiday December 7
• 2014-12-18: Paraguay 2015 Public Holidays Finalized
• 2009-12-07: Paraguay Declares Half-Day Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-09-09: Paraguay Declares Half-Day Public Holiday Today
• 2009-04-06: Paraguay Declares April 8 Half-Day Public Sector Holiday