Source: Xinhua News Agency (Beijing)
The Preparatory Committee of the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the National People's Congress has ended a two-day meeting in which the group discussed the arrangement for public holidays in Macao in the year 2000, the first year after Macao's return to China.
Recall that as per the April 1987, Macau Pact, Portugal agreed to hand over sovereignty of Macau to the People's Republic of China in December 1999.
The recent handover of Hong Kong to the Pepole's Republic of China was also accompanied with major changes to the Hong Kong list of official non-working public holidays (08-Jul-1998, 30-Mar-1998, 03-Dec-1997, 31-Jul-1997, and 06-May-1997).
• Macau bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 1998)
Macau 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Macau 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Macau 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Macau 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Macau 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 1999-12-28: Macau To Keep Some Portuguese Public Holidays
• 1999-11-11: Macau Declares December 20-31 Public Holidays
• 1998-09-19: Macau Declares Homecoming Public Holiday
• 1998-07-08: Hong Kong To Consider More Public Holidays Amendments
• 1998-03-30: Hong Kong Public Holidays Revision Update
• 1997-12-03: Hong Kong Adds Labour Day As Public Holiday
• 1997-07-31: Hong Kong Changes August Public Holiday
• 1997-05-06: Hong Kong Publishes Handover Public Holidays Bill