Source: AAP General News (Sydney)
The Commerce Minister of Austtralia's State of New South Wales (with capital, Sydney) has announced that 2 additional year-end public holidays will be granted, due to the fact that Christmas Day and New Year's Day fall on a Saturday.
Thus, Monday, December 27, 2004, and on Monday, January 3, 2005 will be one-off public holidays in NSW. Similar grant of additional public holidays were made in past years (08-Jan-2003) for Australia Day.
Most other states are expected to follow suit.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Australia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2004)
Australia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Australia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Australia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Australia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-02-05: Australia's Queensland Clarifies Christmas 2010 Public Holidays
• 2009-08-18: Australia NSW Public Holidays Review Update
• 2009-05-31: Australia To Review NSW Public Holidays
• 2003-01-08: Australia's NSW Declares Day In Lieu For Australia Day Public Holiday