Source: 30th Guam Legislature
The Guam Legislature has passed Public Law 27-153 which amends §1000 Of Chapter 10 Of Title 1, Guam Code Annotated, and purports to put and end to the public sector practice of taking the day off the day before or after a public holiday that falls on a weekend.
This follows the 2002 reduction in the number of GovGuam (public sector) holidays, and the cancellation of the every-four-years inauguration public sector holiday (03-Dec-2002).
Note that, due to the impending nature of the passage of this legislation, the Governor of Guam recently decreed day in lieu public holidays on Friday December 24, 2004, and Friday Dececember 31, 2004, as both Christmas Day and New Year's Day fall on a weekend this year (15-Dec-2004).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Guam bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2004)
Guam 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Guam 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Guam 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Guam 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Guam 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-30: Guam 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-01-22: Guam 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-08: Guam 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-12: Guam 2015 Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-01-09: Guam 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-10: Guam 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-06: Guam Public Sector Holiday December 9
• 2013-01-29: Guam 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-01-03: Guam 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2005-01-03: Guam Public Sector Holidays Law Signed
• 2004-12-15: Guam Declares December 24 and 31 Bridge Public Holidays
• 2002-12-03: Guam Sharply Reduces Public Sector Holidays