Source: Diario El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa)
The President of Honduras, Ricardo Maduro, has issued a decree moving, for 2005, the observance of the April 14, October 12 and October 21 public holidays to the first 3 days of the Semana Santa (the week before Easter).
This decree, which applies to the public sector, means that Honduras' civil servants will be on holidays for 9 consecutive days prior to Easter 2005, as Maundy Thursday and Good Friday are already annual public holidays in Honduras.
Recall that 2 of these 3 public holidays were canceled starting in 1999 (21-Dec-1998) and later restored beginning with 2002 (05-Dec-2001).
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2005)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-04-24: Honduras To Consider Public Holidays Review
• 2010-03-10: Honduras Declares Holy Week Public Sector Holidays
• 2008-03-15: Honduras Declares March 17-19 Public Sector Holidays
• 2007-03-28: Honduras Easter Week Public Sector Holidays Update
• 2006-04-04: Honduras Public Sector Holidays April 8-16
• 2006-04-01: Honduras Changes October Public Holidays Rules
• 2005-09-30: Honduras Confirms 2005 October Public Holidays Omission
• 2001-12-05: Honduras Restores 3 Public Holidays
• 1998-12-21: Honduras Cancels 4 Public Holidays