Source: Government of Bhutan (Thimpu)
The Government of Bhutan has released its official list of public holidays for the year 2009.
As was the case for 2007 (03-Jan-2007), the upcoming list of public holidays in Bhutan contains non-trivial changes as compared to last year's list of public holidays.
A new annual public holiday commemorating the 2008 signing of the new constitution (16-Jul-2008) has been set to coincide with the existing November 11 public holiday and a November 6 annual public holiday commemorating the 2008 Coronation of the Fifth Druk Gyalpo (04-Aug-2008) has been instated.
The first document released by the government, last night, contained 2 errors. It showed the cancellation of the Dashaim public holiday, whose date was based on the Lunisolar Bhutanese calendar, and an annual Constitution Day on July 18, rather than November 11.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2008)
Bhutan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-31: Bhutanese Coronation Day Public Holiday November 1st
• 2009-07-20: Bhutan Changes Coronation Anniversary Public Holiday Date
• 2008-08-04: Bhutan Announces Dates Of Upcoming Coronation Public Holiday
• 2008-07-16: Bhutan Declares July 18 Constitution Signing Public Holiday
• 2007-01-03: Bhutan Revises Public Holidays List