Source: Koha Ditore (Pristina)
Yesterday, after 3 days of intense negotiations, the Assembly of the Republic of Kosova finally adopted the Law on Official Holidays.
The law, which got its first reading earlier this week (19-May-2008), incorporates with different names, and status, the three holidays requested by Albanian deputies; March 6, June 12, and November 28.
One of the surprises of the final bill is that the Constitution Day public holiday, expected to be on June 15, will henceforth be observed on April 9 (the significance of this date in Kosovo's history is not clear).
Five other dates important to the citizens of minority communities (Turks, Romas, Ashkalijs, Gorans, and Serbs) were included in the category of memorial holidays.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Kosovo bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2008)
Kosovo 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kosovo 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kosovo 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Kosovo 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kosovo 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-23: Kosovo 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2017-01-09: Kosovo 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-07: Kosovo 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-11-28: Kosovo 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-01-08: Kosovo 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-11: Kosovo 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-11-20: Kosovo Amends Public Holidays Legislation
• 2008-05-19: Kosovo Passes Law Defining Public Holidays