Source: Gaceta Oficial (Ministerio de la Presidencia)
The bill restoring the mechanism of días puente (bridge holidays) to some of Panama's public holidays has finally been gazetted in the Gaceta No. 25950 del 2 de enero de 2008.
Under the aforementioned "Ley 70 del 28 de diciembre de 2007", passed late last month (30-Dec-2007), the first public holiday to be affected will be the upcoming Martyr's Day public holiday, which will move from Wednesday, January 9, 2008, to Monday, January 7, 2008.
The bill which got its 3rd reading last month (29-Nov-2007), reverses the provisions of the "Ley 51 que deroga el Decreto Ley Nº 8 de 1997, que estableció los días puentes y modifica el Articulo 46 del Código de Trabajo 03-X-1999", which abrogated the system of días puentes public holidays, a decade ago (01-Nov-1999).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Panama bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2008)
Panama 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Panama 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Panama 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Panama 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Panama 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-02: Panama Mulls November 2017 Public Holidays Changes
• 2017-10-27: Panama Mulls November 2017 Public Holidays Changes
• 2017-02-03: Panama 2017 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-04: Panama 2016 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2015-01-09: Panama 2015 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2014-11-30: Panama Announces Mid-Week Public Holidays Amendments
• 2014-01-18: Panama 2014 Bank Holidays Announced
• 2013-10-15: Panama 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-10-02: Panama Mid-Week Public Holidays Amended
• 2007-12-30: Panama's President Signs Long Weekends Public Holidays Bill Into Law
• 2007-11-29: Panama Bridge Public Holidays Reform Law Passed
• 1999-11-01: Panama Revokes Long Weekend Public Holidays Decree