Source: Gulf Daily News (Manama)
Thursday, at an extraordinary session of Bahrain's Parliament, MPs backed a proposed new Private Sector Employment Law which would, among other aspects, bring the number and duration of the private sector's public holidays in line with those of government employees.
Recall that, earlier this year, Kuwait's Parliament passed, in its first reading, a similar bill which would abolish the difference in the public holidays for the private and public sectors, and whereby the private sector would benefit from three days of holidays for the Eid Al-Fitr and four days for the Eid Al-Adha (03-Feb-2009 and 18-Feb-2009).
• Bahrain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2009)
Bahrain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bahrain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bahrain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-11-28: Bahrain Arafat Public Holiday Update
• 2010-02-21: Bahrain Revises Prophet's Birthday Public Holiday Date
• 2009-02-18: Kuwait Labour Law Amendments To Reach Assembly By March 3
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law