Source: Kuensel Newspaper (Thimphu)
Bhutan prime minister, Lyonchhoen Jigmi Y Thinley, has announced that Bhutan would host the 2010 SAARC Summit, tentatively scheduled for April 28 and 29, 2010.
These dates are likely to be declared public holidays, as was the case last year in Sri Lanka (16-Jul-2008) and as Bhutan has often done in the past to coincide with major events (04-Nov-2008).
The 2010 SAARC Summit will be attended by the heads of governments from Bhutan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Maldives.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2009)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-03-30: Bhutan SAARC Public Holidays Update
• 2009-08-30: Bhutan Announces SAARC Dates
• 2008-11-04: Bhutan Officially Confirms Week-Long Coronation Public Holidays
• 2008-07-16: Sri Lanka SAARC Summit 3-Day Public Holiday