Source: Ghana News Agency (Accra)
Ghana's Minister of Finance, Dr. Kwabena Dufuor, who chairs the Steering Committee of the 2010 Census, has announced that the 2010 Population and Housing Census is likely to be held in the month of March.
Traditionally, the Population and Housing Census is held in March following the declaration of the Census Night, usually on a Sunday, followed by a Monday public holiday (01-Mar-2000).
For 2010, the possible dates would be Monday March 15, 22 or 29, considering that Monday March 8th is already a day in lieu public holiday for the March 6th Independence Day public holiday that falls on a weekend in 2010.
Declaring a Census Day public holiday is a common practice elsewhere in Africa (see, for example: 23-Aug-2009, 18-Jun-2008, 11-Sep-2002, 11-Apr-2008, and 19-Mar-2008).
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-06-28: Ghana Declares July 1 Public Holiday
• 2009-11-02: Ghana Trial Census On November 8
• 2009-08-23: Kenya Declares August 25 Census Public Holiday
• 2008-06-18: Niger Declares June 19 Census Start A Public Holiday
• 2008-04-11: Sudan Declares April 15 Census Public Holiday
• 2008-03-19: Liberia Declares March 21 Public Holiday
• 2002-09-11: Uganda Declares September 13 Census Start A Public Holiday
• 2000-03-01: Ghana Declares March 27 Census Public Holiday