Source: Ghanaian News Agency (GNA)
Ghana's Vice-President, Mr. John Dramani Mahama, has confirmed that President John Evans Atta Mills would declare September 21 as a public holiday to mark Nkrumah's birthday.
The Vice-President made these remarks at last Tuesday's inauguration of the planning committee for the 100th birthday of Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah.
Recall that shortly after his election, Ghana's President, John Evans Atta Mills, had announced that a Legislative Instrument would be sent to parliament to create a new, September 21, annual public holiday honoring Ghana's first President, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah (20-Feb-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ghana bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2009)
Ghana 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ghana 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ghana 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ghana 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-12-14: Ghana Bill To Amend Public Holidays
• 2017-09-18: Ghana To Change September 21 Public Holiday
• 2016-09-08: Ghana 2016 Eidul-Adha Public Holidays
• 2015-09-16: Ghana 2015 Eidul-Adha Public Holidays
• 2009-09-03: Ghana's President Confirms September 21 Public Holiday
• 2009-08-09: Ghana Ramadan Dates Update
• 2009-02-20: Ghana To Add Founders' Day To List Of Public Holidays