Source: Diario Tiempo (Tegucigalpa)
The Honduran government, led by Roberto Micheletti in a council of Ministers, has decided to declare a public sector holiday for Friday afternoon, November 27, 2009, starting at noon local time (7:00pm European time), as well as the entire day of Monday, November 30, 2009.
This announcement had been expected all week (25-Nov-2009), but surprisingly the decree specifically enjoins the private sector to also give its employees the same day and a half off ("el decreto extenderán la solicitud para que la empresa privada también dé asueto a sus empleados desde el mediodía del viernes y el lunes").
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2009)
Honduras 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-11-24: Honduras Public Holiday November 27
• 2013-11-19: Honduras Public Holiday November 25
• 2010-02-13: Honduras Bill Would Create June 28 Public Holiday
• 2010-01-24: Honduras Declares January 27 Public Sector Holiday
• 2009-11-25: Honduras Could Declare November 30 Public Holiday