Source: Jordanian News Agency (Petra)
Jordan's Prime Minister, Nader Dahabi, announced last night that the government had decided to change the date of the upcoming Prophet Mohammad's Birthday public holiday, from Sunday, March 8, to Monday, March 9, 2009.
The announcement which applies to all ministries, government departments and public institutions, should as per custom, be followed by the private sector as well.
The date of March 8, 2009, had been announced in early 2007 (16-Feb-2007), when the Jordanian government released the list of official public holidays dates for the years 2007-2011, vowing to thus make public holidays dates predictable for the business community.
Unfortunately, since then, the Jordanian government has repeatedly ignored its official list of 2007-2011 public holidays (see, for example, 01-Dec-2008, 16-Sep-2008 and 04-Jan-2008).
• Jordan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2009)
Jordan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Jordan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Jordan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2008-12-01: Jordan Modifies Dates Of Eid al-Adha Public Holidays
• 2008-09-16: Jordan Announces Eid Al Fitr Public Holidays Dates
• 2008-01-04: Jordan Moves Upcoming Islamic New Year Date
• 2007-02-16: Jordan Announces Public Holidays For 2007-2011