Source: Kuwait Times (Kuwait City)
Kuwait's National Assembly has unanimously passed the long-debated new labour law giving the private sector much improved rights and benefits, including an increased number of public holidays.
The final version of this bill, in a sharp departure from the last-reported versions (21-Nov-2009), does increase public holidays for the private sector to 13 days from only eight, currently.
As originally reported (03-Feb-2009), these public holidays include three days for Eid Al-Fitr and four days for Eid Al-Adha, while also officially including the Liberation Day as a public holiday.
Kuwait's Social Affairs and Labour Minister, Mohammad Al-Afasi, has indicated that it would take a few months for the law to be implemented, a delay due to the time needed to prepare the necessary by-laws and decrees.
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2009)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-01-01: Kuwait Mulls Additional Public Holidays Extension
• 2017-07-16: Kuwait New Labour Law Takes Effect
• 2013-02-13: UAE Mulling Public Holidays Reform
• 2011-01-22: Kuwait Declares February Public Holiday
• 2010-02-22: Kuwait New Labour Law Officially Gazetted
• 2010-02-02: Kuwait Declares Month-End 4-Day Public Holidays
• 2010-01-12: Bahrain Aligns Private And Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-11-21: Kuwait Bill Settles For 11 Common Public Holidays
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law