Source: The Kuwait Times (Kuwait City)
Kuwait's Cabinet has confirmed earlier rumours that the upcoming End of Ramadan (Eid al-Fitr) public holidays would extend for a full week.
This End of Ramadan public holidays in Kuwait will therefore run from Friday, September 18, to Saturday, September 26, 2009, for civil servants and some banks.
However, for the moment, until impending change in Kuwait's public holidays legislation (21-Aug-2009) become law, the private sector will get much fewer days, most private sector employees starting their End of Ramadan public holidays on Saturday, September 19, and finishing on Monday, September 21st, 2009.
The extension of the End of Ramadan public holidays to 10 days had been requested every year by Kuwait's religious parties (02-Sep-2009, 17-Aug-2008, 20-Sep-2007 and 13-Sep-2006), and agreed to, in principle, late last week (10-Sep-2009).
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-07-31: Kuwait Announces Start of Ramadan
• 2010-08-20: Kuwait To Limit Eid Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-07-23: Kuwait Announces Ramadan Public Sector Schedule
• 2009-09-10: Kuwait Considering 8-Day Eid Public Holidays
• 2009-09-02: Kuwait 10-Day End of Ramadan Public Holidays
• 2009-08-21: Kuwait Public Holidays Increase Moves Ahead
• 2008-08-17: Kuwait Draft Law Making Last 10 Days Of Ramadan An Official Religious Holiday
• 2007-09-20: Kuwait Parliamentarians Want 10-Day End Of Ramadan Public Holiday
• 2006-09-13: Kuwait Committee Approves 10-Day End of Ramadan Public Holidays