Source: Zawya (Kuwait City)
Kuwait's National Assembly's health and labor committee has approved, and forwarded for its second reading, the new private sector labor law which would align private sector public holidays, and their duration, on the public sector holidays schedule.
The bill was passed in commission in February (03-Feb-2009) and, after some unexpected delays (18-Feb-2009), underwent its first reading last summer (21-Aug-2009).
Were the bill to pass second and final reading, the private sector would then benefit from three days of public holidays for the Eid Al-Fitr, and four days for the Eid Al-Adha (the private sector currently gets two days for each of the Eid holidays), as well as a public holiday for Liberation Day, on February 26 (the private sector usually gets the day before, National Day).
• Kuwait bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2009)
Kuwait 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Kuwait 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Kuwait 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Kuwait 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2009-11-21: Kuwait Bill Settles For 11 Common Public Holidays
• 2009-11-19: Kuwait Adds November 26 Public Holiday
• 2009-08-21: Kuwait Public Holidays Increase Moves Ahead
• 2009-02-18: Kuwait Labour Law Amendments To Reach Assembly By March 3
• 2009-02-03: Kuwait Revises Private Sector Labor Law