Source: Bernama News Agency (Kuching)
The government of Malaysia's State of Sarawak has announced that the Yang Dipertua of Negeri Sarawak Tun Abang Muhammad Salahuddin Abang Barieng's 88th birthday celebration, and its associated state public holiday, would be moved from September 12, to October 24, 2009.
The Sarawak State Secretary office added that the postponement of the state celebrations and its public holiday, was decided out of respect for the month of Ramadan.
The postponement of the state public holidays due to conflicts with religious holidays, or the entire month of Ramadan, has been a common occurrence in recent years (05-Dec-2002, 22-May-2007, 04-Sep-2008, 03-Oct-2008, 14-Jan-2009, and 23-Apr-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-09-07: Malaysia Postpones September 10 Public Holiday
• 2009-09-11: Malaysia 2010 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-04-23: Malaysia Announces Negeri Sembilan State Public Holiday Date
• 2009-01-14: Malaysia Changes Date Of Negeri Sembilan State Public Holiday
• 2008-10-03: Malaysia's Sabah State Announces Date Of Postponed Malaysia Day Public Holiday
• 2008-09-04: Malaysia's Sabah State Postpones Head of State's Birthday Celebration
• 2007-05-22: Malaysia's Sarawak State Declares Public Holiday on June 4
• 2002-12-05: Malaysia Declares December 16 Public Holiday In Selangor