Source: Republica (Kathmandu)
Nepal's Home Secretary, Dr Govind Prasad Kusum, will head a four-member committee to review and systematize the declaration and duration of public holidays in Nepal.
This follows a recent spate of demands by minorities to have special public holidays and/or to have those already in place extended for a second or third day (see 12-Jan-2009, 28-Oct-2008 and 07-Mar-2008).
A recent meeting of government secretaries also discussed the re-adoption of a 2-day weekend, which was reduced to one day, in March 2005, by the government of former King Gyanendra.
• Nepal bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2009)
Nepal 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nepal 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nepal 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-03-29: Nepalese 2012-2013 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2009-10-10: Nepal Sambat Public Holiday Back To The Fore
• 2009-07-25: Nepal Considering Reduction Of Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-02-05: Nepal Considering 2-Day Weekends
• 2009-01-12: Nepal Extends Maghe Sankranti Public Holiday Nationwide
• 2008-10-28: Nepal Asked To Recognize Sambat New Year As Public Holiday
• 2008-03-07: Nepal Adds 18 New Public Holidays