Source: Kantipur (Kathmandu)
The president of Nepal's Nhunda Organising Committee, Tirtha Ram Dangol, met Nepal's Prime Minister, Madhav Kumar Nepal, on the occasion of Nepal Sambat 1130 to renew calls for the implementation of Nepal Sambat as a National Sambat.
Mr. Dangol said that despite the announcement of Nepal Sambat as a National Sambat by the previous Maoist government (28-Oct-2008), the occasion had not been practically marked as such, and went on to demand that Kartik 2, the date of the Nepali Sambat new year, also be declared a public holiday.
These demands occur while the Administration Restructuring Commission (ARC), formed at the beginning of the year (14-Jan-2009), is finalizing its final report, which is expected to recommend that the government of Nepal follow the Western, Gregorian, calendar and avoid the use of Bikram Sambat calendar (25-Jul-2009).
• Nepal bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2009)
Nepal 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Nepal 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Nepal 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Nepal 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-11-14: Nepal Sambat Public Holiday From 2013
• 2010-11-02: Nepal Considering November 8 Public Holiday
• 2009-12-02: Nepal Declares Udhauli Public Holiday Today
• 2009-07-25: Nepal Considering Reduction Of Public Sector Holidays
• 2009-01-14: Nepal Committee To Review Official Public Holidays List
• 2008-10-28: Nepal Asked To Recognize Sambat New Year As Public Holiday