Source: Philippines Star (Manila)
Philippines Deputy Presidential Spokesperson, Lorelei Fajardo, has confirmed that the upcoming anniversary of the February 25, 1986, people power revolution, would not be a public holiday.
Spokesperson Fajardo pointed out that the official list of 2009 public holidays in the Philippines was regulated by last month's Proclamation 1699 (07-Jan-2009) which pointedly did not include the date of February 25 as one of the official 2009 public holidays.
The government statement, however, is not likely to put an end to speculation about a possible public holiday on February 25, as the date was also not scheduled for 2008, but was declared a non-working public holiday for 2008, barely a week beforehand (18-Feb-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2009)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2009-09-08: Philippines Executive Approves Cory Aquino Holiday
• 2009-08-31: Philippines Parliament To Consider New August Public Holiday
• 2009-02-19: Philippines Declares School Holiday For EDSA 1
• 2009-01-07: Philippines 2009 Public Holidays Released
• 2008-02-18: Philippines Declares February 25 Public Holiday