Source: The Philippine Star (Manila)
Several bills have been tabled in the Philippines' House of Representatives, seeking to declare seven more non-working public holidays in addition to the 16 public holidays already prescribed by law or presidential order.
The proposed new non-working public holidays would be: Philippine-American War Heroes Day (February 4), Chinese New Year, Bangsamoro Day (March 18), Emilio Aguinaldo Day (March 22), Jose Rizal Day (June 19), Filipino Family Day (September 1), and Children's Day (November 20).
Note that a change of date for the Rizal Day public holiday, from December 30 (the date of Rizal's execution) to June 19 (Rizal's birthday), is already included in Consolidated House Bill 5408, which was recently passed on third reading by the Philippines House of Representatives (02-Jan-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (March 2009)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-01-31: Philippines Public Holiday February 8
• 2014-01-31: Philippines CNY Annual Public Holiday Bill
• 2012-12-27: Philippines CNY Public Holiday Status Change
• 2012-08-02: Philippines CNY Public Holiday Voted
• 2009-06-05: Philippines Senate Moves Lapu-Lapu Public Holiday Forward
• 2009-05-14: Philippines Votes Chinese New Year Public Holiday
• 2009-01-02: Philippines Could Move Rizal Day Public Holiday To June